Monday, February 13, 2012

Pizza is for heroes. Are you a hero?

If you’re not eating pizza at least once a week you’re not truly living. It doesn’t even have to be good pizza. I say this because, while I enjoy a well-rounded slice, I will eat nearly any pizza put in front of me. Just yesterday, in fact, I ate Pizza Hut. Not to say Pizza Hut isn’t good pizza—they’ve perfected Thin ‘N Crispy—but they’re not at the top of my list when I feel that triangle-sized hole in my stomach. Listen, the point is not always to eat life-changing pizza, but to just be eating pizza.



To that note, if you have the world of pizza laid out before you, Fuzzy’s, a notable Houston tradition since 1986, is not a bad way to go. With four locations from Katy to the Med Center, you’ll rarely find yourself more than 15 minutes from this humble pie in this grand city of ours.

Sauce Sauced friend Darrell demanded we go to Fuzzy’s in Katy after slinging beer at the No Label Brewery one fine Texas Saturday and I happily obliged. He ordered up a sausage, pepperoni, & mushroom hand-tossed pizza while I ordered a frosty Shiner Bock. After an eternity in wait-for-pizza-while-intoxicated time the pizza arrived. Even in these strenuous times it is prudent to practice patience; pizza comes out of the oven at, literally, 2000 degrees and pepperoni grease will destroy your mouth. After waiting the requisite 30 seconds I dug in. A fusillade of flavors exploded on my tongue, mostly of the cheesy, delicious meaty variety. The crust did its job of delivery with exceptional ease and allowed for a steady grip as I gnawed through to the edge where I met a crispy yet billowy pillow of bread. The sauce was sweet and tangy and didn’t at all detract from the toppings. Overall this pizza is high on the recommendations list; you know what to do with that information.

In a sort of post script to the initial eating of this pizza I’m going to award bonus points for the reheatablility of this pizza. 400° for five minutes yielded a crispy crust and melty cheese without any lag time for cooling. Fuzzy’s Pizza, you do me right.

Some places manage to be inept at social media but they still make great pizza. Find more at Fuzzy's Pizza Katy and their first location Fuzzy's Pizza & Cafe.

1 comment:

  1. I like my pizza like I like my women- FUZZY! Wait.
    I like my pizza like I like my women- requiring little to no lag time for cooling! Hold on.
    I like my pizza like I like my women- while I'm intoxicated!

    Ok yeah that last one was right.

    ReplyDelete