Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Some people dream in black & white, some in color; I dream in pizza.

Ignoring the fact that I haven’t written about five* other pizzas I’ve consumed since our last jaunt down Pizza (Memory) Lane, I’d like you to read what I have to say about a small pizzeria in Montrose called Pizza Love.


The pizza at Pizza Love was, like its name, slightly above mediocre. I mean, I love pizza, so the name isn’t untrue, but, unlike its pizza, it would be better if it weren’t so cheesy. Which segues nicely into my number one, and possibly only, complaint: the pie needed more cheese. Perhaps the dough-slinger was new and shy with the cheese, so I’m not going to deduct too many whatever-it-is-I-use-to-“grade”-pizza, but you know what they say, “You only get one chance to make a first impression.”

The crust, however, was great; chewy with a crunch, not too thin in the middle so as to flip and flop, and not too thick at the edge so as to quickly fill you up. The BBQ chicken wasn’t so barbequey, but I gathered they meant they grilled and chunked it, rather than it being actual barbeque chicken, which, although a little misleading, was easily remedied in the comfort of my living room. I do love a true BBQ chicken pizza, after all. And I give them, once again, positive whatever-it-is-I-use-to-“grade”-pizza for the ample amount of chicken with which it was topped. If I were in the area in need of a fix (don’t act like you don’t go through pizza withdrawal) I’d happily stop in for a slice or two. So, I’m not saying I whole-heartedly vouch for this place, but I’m willing to give it another go at pleasing my highly refined pizza palate.


Note: I ordered from this website, but it appears they have a second. So, as with any good pizza place, you've got options.

Entirely unrelated: This is a photo of a picture I took at a Tex-Mex restaurant in Austin. #Texas

*I had to change this number three times; I had a slight pizza lapse.

1 comment:

  1. Whoever writes this surely is able to discriminate, analyze and love pizza far more deeply than the common man!

    ReplyDelete